sarah.erstrommalesd.org (Sarah Erstrom), Human Resource Manager, (541)473-4856 or sarah.erstrommalesd.org
The Malheur ESD Human Resources/Personnel Department administers the policies as adopted by the ESD Board of Directors and provides a large array of support services to ESD administrators and staff as well as to constituent school districts. Services include, but are not limited to:
Resolutions, policy and handbook development, federal and state regulation compliance, recruitment and retention, superintendent searches, purchased services and employee contracts, benefits administration and information, compensation, personnel records maintenance,job description development, SAIF reporting, teacher licensing, and wage surveys.
Trainings for Staff
Oregon law requires districts to participate in the following annual trainings. Beginning in 2010, staff training will be conducted online through PublicSchoolWORKS:
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Child Abuse Identification and Prevention in Oregon Schools
- Sexual Harassment-Employees
- Sexual Misconduct-Staff to Student
Frequently Used Forms:
- W-4 (2020): Please complete when submitting a change of address or adjustment to tax withholdings.
- Oregon W-4 (2020): Please complete when submitting a change of address or adjustment to tax withholdings.
- I-9: Employment Eligibility Verification Form (valid identification is required to complete this form).
- Direct Deposit: Please include a physical copy of a "VOID" check in order to sign-up for Direct Deposit.
Malheur ESD Staff Handbook
Malheur ESD employees are required to review the staff handbook annually. Please verify your compliance by printing the last page of the handbook, sign and date this page then turn it in to the HR Department, attention Sarah.
- 2019-2020 Staff Handbook (PDF)
Oregon Educator Benefit Board Insurance Open Enrollment
Following is the link to access the MyOEBB webpage: OEBB Employee Benefit Management System
Malheur ESD Region 14 also provides a centralized location for substitute teacher registration for all Malheur County school districts and Huntington School District in Baker County.
For employment opportunities, please see our "Employment" section. Malheur ESD also posts vacancies through .