1. Holds a current SLP license from the Oregon Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathology prior to the first day of employment, or holds a Teacher Standards and Practices Commission (TSPC) license that has an endorsement for either communication disorders or speech-impairment.”
2. Valid driver’s license.
NOTICE OF VACANCY
POSITION TITLE: SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Speech-Language Pathologist provides screening and comprehensive evaluation of students referred with suspected communication disorders. Designs, and implements services for identified children with speech, language, fluency, voice, swallowing, oral muscular, augmentative/alternative communication disorders.
1. Demonstrated aptitude for successful fulfillment of assigned responsibilities.
2. Experience in working with children with articulation and language disabilities
3. Knowledge of speech-language pathology equipment, materials and procedures.
4. Knowledge and understanding of IDEA, 504, Special Education rules and regulations.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: check www.malesd.k12.or.us
Or contact Sarah Erstrom at 541-473-4856 sarah.erstrommalesd.k12.or.us
Posting Date: March 1, 2018
Closing Date Open until filled
Starting Date August 15, 2018
Salary Placement according to MESD current salary schedule
Contract Length 189-day contract
Benefits Include Excellent Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Package; PERS Pickup paid by District)
Malheur Education Service District Region 14 is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Submit a completed and signed Oregon Statewide Teacher Application form.
A completed application file will include:
Letter of Interest/Intent
Copy of official transcripts
Placement file/or at 3 recent letters of reference
Copy of current teaching license
Send application materials to: Malheur Education Service District Region 14
Attention: Special Education Department
363 “A” Street West
Vale, OR 97918
OR Fax to 541-473-3915 Attn: Sarah